Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Color With Me

 Hey Y'all!



Today first off, I'm doing a comparison blog on Spectrum Noir Markers vs. Crayola, American Crafts, and Daler Rowney Colored Pencils.





The stamp I used is designed by Emma Jones (The Great Outdoors) for Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine (Issue 1- Card Making Export- Mega Pack).

The paper is card stock from Recollection's at Michael's, and the ink is Stampin' Up in shade Chocolate Chip. *I'd say the closest to this currently would be either Brown, or Soft Suede.



I was originally only going to do two, but then decided two of each was more fun.
 

I hadn't decided at this point if I was going to use the die that came with the stamp set to pop up the camper or not. I then decided to color all four regardless of what I end up doing.



I started with colored pencils, and decided to try some blending. I still need work here, and realized after that I should have started with the white on the clouds. I don't hate the look of these, but there is room for improvement for sure.


I decided this one was going to be a cute little camper, in pinks and teals.


I wanted a silver here, but settled on grays. I was attempting to show wear and shadows on the camper, as well as "dirt" on the door. I need more practice, but the attempt was fun!


After that it felt kind of flat, so I decided the windows needed some light. First attempt at that with pencils went ok. 




Next I used the markers:



Blending with markers is getting better. It is far easier than pencil, but easier to over saturate as well.


I like these clouds far better than the others, however looking back (considering it's night time) they may be too light blue.
I'll have to try my grey markers next time, I just didn't want to get all of them out for such a small image.


On this one I was trying for those wood style teardrop campers. 


The light in the windows here looks way better! 


In this comparison I do like the look of the markers better, and it took far less time.


In the second set I started too dark with the window on the marker image. I also got a bit to heavy handed around the colored pencil's door, however those windows look really good. I tried something different with the clouds here, and don't really like either set. I can't pick a favorite here.


All four images together:


Which was your favorite? What colors would you have chosen? Let me know in the comments below!

I had fun coloring these, and was wondering if you'd like videos for blogs like this so you can color along with me or watch me color? IN this next image I do include a short video:

I am coloring this image from Stampendous:

This image set, Kiddo Toyland, is from 2012. They have a ton of fantastic new stamps available for every occasion.



Supplies:

Image shared above

Stampin' Up  stampin' pad in Chocolate Chip (the closest color in the current collection to this in my opinion is Early Espresso)

Studio G Card Base (from Walmart, but I don't see them online currently)

Spectrum Noir TriBlend Markers: 

Coral Blend (CR1, CR3, CR6)

True Blue Blend (TB2, TB3, TB4)

Light Green Blend (LG1, LG3, LG5)


The YouTube video, watch me color a portion of this stamped image (and struggle with the ink pad lid):


Lastly the finished image:



I had fun trying to completely color the stamp using just 3 colors. I'm a big fan of these TriBlend markers.


What would you like to see me color next? Share below!


Have a great day,

Craftin' Wife



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Y'all!
Have a great day!